Time study is the application of a scientific method of determining process times using data collection and statistical analysis. The times that are calculated through a scientific study are used for various initiatives such as:
- Establishing accurate productivity goals
- Compiling objective data that compares automation/methods
- Identifying non-value-added time percentages
- Determining current staff utilization and identifying opportunities
- Quantifying gains through layout and/or method changes
- Reducing labor costs
Element definition, data collection, and statistical analysis are utilized in order to establish times that are both fair and accurate. Argent's industrial engineering background and over 20 years of field experience make us uniquely qualified in providing companies with the appropriate time study resources, knowledge, and results.